What is your input on Best Practices for Conveyor Maintenance? via LinkedIn Discussion:
These are some highlights, see full discussion above on LinkedIn Plant Reliability & Maintenance Professional group at link above for more advice.
- Be aware of and avoid overloading conveyors.
- Inspection of conveyor drive components.
- Inspect belt wash/ scraper system regularly.
- Install Catenary sag gauges.
- Auto lube systems for non-sealed points.
- Use sealed bearings.
- Use good Autonomous maintenance practices.
- Evaluate design and procedures to limit starting and stopping as much as possible and to increase life-cycle.
- Use CBM like IR on conveyor belts, rollers, motors, couplings, and control cabinets.
- Do oil analysis on large conveyor gearboxes.
- Keep area conveyor clean to stop possible fire or other issues safety wise
- Clean conveyor system photo eyes too.
- Use timers in PLC control to monitor conveyor product travel speeds for early mechanical problems detection.
- Get initial load amperage reading of conveyor motors during commissioning, and compare to current readings for early problem detection.
- Nanocoat conveyor bearings and gearbox
- Load transfer should be in center of conveyor.
- Consider (TCO) when ordering or specifying conveyor parts.